Doherty Steel offers a wide variety of steel finishing, fabrication, and erection services.
- Framing plans
- Structural steel design
- Structural dimensions
- Fabrication shop drawings
- Steel connection detailing
- Handrail, beam, deck, joist & stair detailing
- 3D Models
- Anchor Bolt settings
Sample DB/DA projects:
- South Creek Office Buildings, Overland Park, KS, total of 15 buildings to date
- Lone Elm Warehouse, Olathe, KS, 650,000 sqft
- Overland Park Community Center, Overland Park, KS
- Johnson County Communication Center, Overland Park, KS
Our 130,000 plus square foot facility gives Doherty the ability to output 10,000 – 13,000 tons of fabricated steel per year. Our modern equipment includes a Peddinghaus PCD 1100 Drill Line, a Controlled Automation Plasma Table, a Peddiwriter Automated Layout Marker, a Peddinghaus Plate Processor, a Peddinghaus Coping Machine, two Peddinghaus 54-inch band saws, and a Shot Blaster. Doherty also has an in-shop lifting capacity of 20 tons, three yard cranes, a MI-JACK Travel Lift with 30 tons of lifting capacity, as well as a COMBiLiFT with a 38 ton lifting capacity. The shop is staffed by 40-60 skilled workers on average. Our shop also has painting facilities and access to galvanizing capabilities.